Developer Insomniac Games and game publisher Electronic Arts have recently released a new trailer of their upcoming sci-fi shooter FUSE. The game is set for release on May 28 in North America and May 31 in Europe for Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.
In FUSE a volatile alien energy source known as “Fuse” with the potential to ignite an international arms race falls into the hands of a group called the Raven Corporation. The CIA calls in the elite mercenary band called Overstrike 9 to solve the problem. Players will be taking on the role of Overstrike 9 to retrieve this lethal energy source.
The Xbox 360, PS3 and PC version of FIFA 14 are being released on September 26. The popular soccer game from EA was officially announced passed month but got its official release date today.
The custom FIFA 14 edition can already be reserved through EA’s Origin online distribution platform. Players will than receive a four week long Ultimate Team Gold Package. Other recent FIFA 14 news revealed by EA showed that
Last week Ubisoft revealed the acquisition of Related Designs, a German development studio that specializes in PC strategy games, including the Anno franchise. Ubisoft previously owned 29.95% of the company and is buying the remaining 70.05% in a cash transaction.
Founded in 1995, Related Designs is a highly competitive studio known for creating award-winning PC titles such as Anno 1701TM, Anno 1404TM, Anno 2070® as well as real-time strategy games such as No Man´s Land and Castle Strike. As part of Ubisoft, Related Designs’ 65 experienced employees that will continue development of the browser-based free-to-play MMO game Might & Magic® Heroes® Online, and will work on future game titles in partnership with Blue Byte, another Ubisoft studio.
Wii U owners will not be able to play games that are based on the high-end Unreal 4 game engine, Epic chairman Mark Rein announced during GDC 2013. Epic is building an engine for “next-gen consoles”. Also DICE’s high-end Frostbite 3 engine that will be delivering Battlefield 4 will not support Nintendo’s latest console.
DICE is developing its Frostbite 3 engine entirely for pc’s, the current consoles and the upcoming new game consoles, the Wii U isn’t part of their list. DICE’s Patrick Bach explained that they currently do not offer support for the Wii U platform with their Frostbite-engine, it would cost to much development time to adjust to the Wii U system.